Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article or section requires an update.
- Captain John Christopher is stationed at the command headquarters of the 498th Air Base in Nebraska, North America.
- Agents 201 and 347, working undercover on Earth for an unknown alien faction, are killed in a car crash. Three days later, Gary Seven is dispatched to Earth to find out why contact is lost, and after he finds out they are dead, he assumes their mission.
- A major assassination and an Asian coup d'etat occur, both on the same day.
- Also on the same day as the assassination and coup, the United States of America launches an orbital nuclear weapons platform from McKinley Rocket Base. Following the launch, the platform develops a severe malfunction, and begins to reenter the atmosphere. Attempts to initiate destruct initially fail, but the platform eventually detonates 104 miles above Asia. The result is a new and stronger agreement against the use of such weapons.
- The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701 travels back from 2268 to study how Earth survived this period in its history. It becomes involved in the platform crisis, and is instrumental in causing the detonation of the falling platform.
- October 11 – NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.
- October 14 - First live telecast from a manned US spacecraft Apollo 7.
- October 22 - Apollo 7 safely splashes down in the Atlantic Ocean after orbiting the Earth 163 times.