USS Philadelphia, NCC-66053-A
|USS Philadelphia, NCC-66053-A|
|Allegiance||United Federation of Planets|
|Commanding Officer||Captain Jennifer Braggins|
|Mass:||80,000 Metric Tons|
|Decks:||8 Deck Plans|
|Crew Compliment:||Standard: 15 Officers, 65 Enlisted Crew Breakdown|
|Warp Speed:||Type: 2 Main Warp Engines (Type 6D92)|
Cruise Speed: 6
Sustainable Speed: 9.2
Emergency Speed: 9.92 (12 hour automatic shutdown)
|Impulse Engines:||1 Main Impulse Engine (Type 5)|
Speed: .93 C
|Defensive Systems:||Type 4 Main Shield Generator (MSG-4)|
|Armament:||Phasers: 4x 100-degree Type-I Arrays; two dorsal, two ventral (Saucer); |
2x 60-degree Type-I Arrays (Aft Saucer);
3x 90 degree Type-I Array; two aft, one ventral (Secondary Hull)
|Other Capabilities:||Planet Landing Capabilities - Blue Alert|
|Computer System:||Daystrom Industries HSCS-3|
|Tractor/Repulsor:||2 Main Tractor/Repulsor Beams, 2 Docking Tractors, 2 Shuttle Tractors|
|Shuttlecraft:||1 Bay (A), 2 Shuttlepods (2 Type 18);|
Waverider Support Craft (Docked Under Saucer)
|Sensors:||SS Sierra 1a8 Deep Space Scientific Sensors|
Daystrom Industries HSCS-2SC-C Starship Sensors
Launched from the San Francisco Fleet Yards in Earth Orbit in 2401 as one of the few ships not named "Enterprise" to append a suffix to its registry, the Philadelphia was originally completed as a variant of the Rhode Island subtype of the Nova-class; designed to operate beyond the reaches of Federation Space as a Scout or Light Explorer, thanks in part to the Quantum Slipstream Drive installed in her secondary hull. Like her sister ship and class pathfinder, the USS Rhode Island, the Philadelphia was initially deployed beyond the Federation border, specifically to the unexplored Shackleton Expanse. While there, it engaged in First Contact with the J'Shashian people and assisted in the birth of an infant Crystalline Entity.
Recalled to Earth following these events, the Philadelphia went back into drydock to undergo extensive refits while her crew were temporarily assigned to the USS Aquila. The warp coils and shield generators were upgraded, however the diplomatic facilities and Quantum Slipstream Drive were removed due to a shortage of Benamite and a growing feeling among the upper echelons that larger ships were the only ones worthy of carrying the flag beyond Federation Space. No longer needing such a streamlined design, the extra hull plating covering the Secondary Deflector was removed, and the ship returned to the overall look of its parent class.
In the summer of 2403, the crew were returned to the Philadelphia at Starbase Deep Space Nine.
The following vessels have held the name Philadelphia:
- USS Philadelphia, Gondola in service in 1776 (Old Earth calendar) <br
- USS Philadelphia, 28-gun sailing frigate was in service from 1794 - 1804 (Old Earth calendar)
- USS Philadelphia, Frigate was in service from 1800-1803 (Old Earth calendar)
- USS Philadelphia, C-4; Cruiser served from 1889 - 1902 (Old Earth calendar)
- USS Philadelphia, CL-41; Light Cruiser in service from 1940-1945 (Old Earth calendar)
- USS Philadelphia, SSN 690; Los Angeles Class Attack Submarine launched 1977 (Old Earth calendar)
- USS Philadelphia, FF-6053; First starship to bear the name as of existing Star Fleet records from approximately 2160 through 2399.
It was destroyed during the Attack on the Borg Megasphere.
Vessel Dedication Quote
- "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- - Benjamin Franklin
- USS Liberty Bell - 66053-A
Shuttlecraft - Type-12
- Gritty - 66053/1
- Phanatic - 66053/2
Player Crew Manifest
|Jennifer Braggins||Commanding Officer||Augment|
|Peter Jensen||First Officer||Human|
|Margaret Murphy||Chief Tactical Officer||Human|
|Shione Kurasa||Chief of Security||Vulcan/Betazoid|
|Altairi Hydish||Chief Engineer||Ktarian/Human|
|Eun Ju Han||Engineer||Betazoid/Human|
|Theresa Black||Chief Science Officer||Human|
|Amaterasu Ichika||Science Officer||Human|
|R'Kaar Ragarri||Chief Medical Officer||Caitian|
- Philadelphia Mission 01: - "The Secret Is Crystals - Part 1"
- Philadelphia Mission 02: - "The Secret Is Crystals - Part 2"
- Philadelphia Mission 02: - "Graveyard of Empty Bottles"