From Federation Space - Official Wiki
Located below are a list of some of the most commonly used Star Fleet Intelligence Equipment. This page is a continual work in progress, and will be updated as more information becomes available
- Grapnel Projector - This device is about the size and shape of a 20th century Terran rifle grenade launcher. It possesses a gunstock-style grip and barrel, into which a multi-pronged grapnel may be inserted. The projector can be used to launch explosive pitons when mountain climbing or to shoot a grapnel up the side of a building. The projector operates on an efficient electrostatic charge from two internal high-output energy cells, but it accumulators must recharge for two minutes between uses. One set of batteries is good for 30 uses.
- Monofilament Solvent - This is an alcohol-based, polymer-dissolving chemical that is dispensed in small pump-spray or aerosol applicators. The solvent dissolves all monofilament strands that are strung in door entrances or other locations to cut anyone who runs across them. One applicator contains enough solvent to clear approximately five man-sized entryways.
- Orientine Acid - This volatile chemical easily dissolves glasilica, thin chromesteel, and other common building materials, thus permitting access through non-standard entrances. It must be stored in a special vial or flask of resin-compound, one of the few materials that can withstand its effect. After the orientine acid has dissolved an object, the user pours a second chemical (Compound ED 161) over the orientine acid, rendering it totally harmless and safe for contact. (A quantity of ED 161 comes with each vial of orientine acid.)
- Phaser Cutting Torch - This device is similar in size and shape to a phaser 2, but it is equipped with a small sighting scope and only a single cutting setting. It is designed for penetrating duralloy and plasteel bulkheads, and uses a standard phaser 2 power pack.
- Precision Microwelder - Originally created for Engineering and electronic component repair, this tool is commonly used for disabling electronic alarm and sensor detection systems. It produces a tiny jet of plasma capable of fusing sophisticated alarm circuitry before the system has time to react. It uses one high-output energy cell, which is good for three uses.
- Communications Scrambler - This device is small and spherical, with a smooth button in the top of the surface. When activate, the device will send out a communications and sensor scrambling code with an oscillating and random frequency. To engage in extra-ship communications with this device requires hooking it into the primary communications terminal and constantly adjusting which frequencies are being used.
- Mechanical Lockpicking set – This is a set of small plasticene strips several centimeters long that are used to manipulate the inner workings of old-fashioned mechanical locks. Though outdated, such locks are still used on many worlds. The advantage of this set over more sophisticated devices is that metal detection equipment with not discover it.
- Electronic Lockpicking set – This small handheld tricorder can be used to fool many types of electronic locks. The set uses a combination of fingerprint algorithms and common data extraction techniques where applicable
- Sonic Lock Deactivator - This device is a cylinder with a single off-on control set into its side. It uses a highly focused beam of subsonic pressure to deactivate standard ultrasonic or even old-fashioned mechanical locks. Though the deactivator makes a slight whining sound while operating, this is only to let the operator know that it is functioning. It uses one standard small-equipment energy cell, good for twelve hours of continuous use.
Data Mining Equipment
- Data extraction set - This is a set to enable the extraction of vital information from secured access terminals. It contains a small computer device used to deactivate sensor barriers and a key generator, and a small extraction set used for surreptitiously uploading information to distant sources.