Star Fleet Uniforms
These uniforms facilitate the wearers' needs as both scientists and researchers, and well as Star Fleet's military role. Wearers are expected to abide by the Star Fleet dress code, though certain cultural exceptions can be made. These uniforms were designed for comfort even in the most extreme environments. Star Fleet uniforms are made of a synthetic fiber weave similar to the organic compound Xenylon (used in mid-late 22nd-century uniforms) which makes it extremely hard-wearing, fire-retardant, impermeable and resistant to stains.
Twenty-Fifth Century Star Fleet uniforms are generally broken down by color amongst the divisions, while displaying rank insignia conspicuously.
- Command - Maroon
- Engineering - Gold
- Intelligence - Grey/Black
- Medical - Teal
- Science - Blue
- Security - Orange
- Support - Purple
- Tactical - Red
Star Fleet Uniforms: 2418-
There are three styles of uniform currently in service with Star Fleet:
- Class A (Dress Uniform) - The Class A uniform is the dress uniform for all Star Fleet personnel, utilised for diplomatic functions or special occasions. The Class A uniform consists of a fitted undershirt in the wearer's department colour, a two-tone white jacket trimmed in the department colour that fastens at the breast with a shoulder clip and adhesive strips, off-white pants trimmed in the department colour, and black boots. Medal ribbons are worn on the right breast beneath the fastening
- Class B (Duty Uniform) - The Class B uniform is the standard uniform for all Star Fleet Officers aboard Starships, Starbases, and Planetary Outposts. The Class B uniform consists of an undershirt in the wearer's department colour, a black and grey jacket trimmed with the department colour with central zip fastening, black pants and boots.
- Class C (Work Uniform) - Designed to be functional, utilitarian and comfortable, the Class C uniform is the standard uniform for Enlisted personnel, and Officers in situations where something more hard-wearing is required, such as Away Missions or Security teams. The Class C uniform consists of The Class B uniform consists of an undershirt in the wearer's department colour, a grey and black jacket trimmed with the department colour with central zip fastening, grey cargo pants and boots.
There are some variations and variants of the standard Star Fleet Uniforms; usually these are additions based upon a perceived need, and can include:
- Waistcoat Uniform for Captains
- Tactical Vest for Security Officers