Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D is severely damaged, following an attempt to destroy the Borg cube, and is unable to join the fleet massed at Wolf 359.
William T. Riker is field-promoted to Captain of the Enterprise in Picard's absence.
- After Captain Picard is rescued from the Borg, his Borg implants are removed, and after several weeks of therapy, he is returned to command the Enterprise.
- Chancellor K'mpec of the Klingon High Council dies, causing a power struggle between two rival Houses.
Picard is appointed as Arbiter of Succession, and the head of one of the Houses murdered a Klingon Ambassador to the Federation.
- Romulans abduct Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge, and use a brainwashing technique to instruct him to murder a Klingon governor.
The plan is thwarted, and further Romulan/Klingon cooperation is uncovered.
Other notable events
- The Battle of Wolf 359 occurs. A total of 39 Federation starships are destroyed by the Borg and 11,000 lives are lost.
Individuals from both the ships at Wolf 359 and other vessels in the area are captured and assimilated by the Borg while en route to Sector 001.
Some are returned to the Delta Quadrant by unknown means. The Borg cube is eventually destroyed in orbit of Earth.
- A Vulcan Ambassador is discovered to be a Romulan spy.
They are returned to a Romulan vessel, with many Federation secrets, before the deception is uncovered.
- Peaceful relations are solidified between the Federation and the Cardassian Union, ending years of war and bloodshed between the two powers.
- Internal tensions in the Klingon Empire begin to affect the Federation.
It is suspected that a Klingon exchange officer provided information about the Galaxy-class warp core to the Romulans, causing an explosion on board the Enterprise-D.
- The Klingon Civil War begins. The new leader is opposed, with supported and supplied by the Romulans.
Worf resigns his Star Fleet commission to fight, and his honor within the Klingon Empire is restored.