From Federation Space - Official Wiki
This article or section requires an update.
- The Y2K bug fears prove to be groundless.
- The International Space Station is inaugurated.
- Shannon O'Donnell manages to convince Henry Janeway to close his bookstore so that the Millennium Gate can be built.
- October 11 – The 100th Space Shuttle mission (STS-92) is flown.
- October 31 – Soyuz TM-31 launches, carrying the first resident crew to the International Space Station. The ISS has been continuously crewed since.
- November 2 – An American astronaut and two Russian cosmonauts became the first permanent residents of the international space station.